To setup an endpoint to accept CSV data you will first need to set the file format to CSV.
Double click your endpoint then select CSV.
The following setting will be displayed,
- Encoding: This will need to be set to the encoding that your CSV file has been created with.
- Names of columns on the first row: Enable this if your CSV file contains a header row.
- Enable Batch Splitter: If your CSV file contains multiple rows enable this setting for each row to be processed.
- Select Delimiter: Allows you to set the delimiter of the CSV file.
- Line Ending: Allows you to set what creates a new record.
- Force Enclosure: Will add double quotes to text fields when enabled.
Next you will need to setup the fields of the CSV file by selecting Add Field,
You will need to enter in a field name, set the Field type then select OK.
Once you have added your fields you can change the order of the fields by dragging the field name to a new location. The list of fields must match your CSV file.
Select SAVE to save any new fields that have been added to the list.
Selecting CLEAR will remove all fields from the list.