1. First, open your DSYNC dashboard.
2. Next, click +system, and choose "Use wizard to create system" from the dropdown menu.
3. Next, choose Shopify from the window that opens, and click "Add this system".
4. From the window that opens, choose "Open system settings"
5. In the first dropdown menu titled "Error Duplicates (Batch Processes)" under System Settings, choose "FALSE" and click Save.
6. Next, click on the Authorization tab. You can leave the first two fields as they are. The third field titled Host Name should be the first section of your Shopify URL. For example, if your URL is your_shop.myshopify.com/admin, what you should enter here is "your_shop".
7. Next click Save. Finally, click Authorize Connection.
8. Login to your Shopify account when the Shopify login page loads.
The authorization is complete.
What is “Error Duplicates (Batch Processes) and what is it used for? This function is used to create an error when duplicates are created. The options for this feature are True and False.
What are the different Authorization methods available? DSYNC can authorize your app via our OAUTH2 verification process. The OAUTH2 process is automated and will guide you back to Shopify to verify and permit DSYNC to talk to your Shopify account.
In the settings field what is the “Shopify Host Name”? Your Shopify host name is the word before your Shopify URL. For example the DSYNC demo account is located at dsync.myshopify.com therefore the Shopify host name is just “dsync”.