Why are maps important? The maps provide developers with the ability to perform deep transformation of data. Instead of just mapping common fields from one identical field to another the DSYNC mapping engine provides the ability to twist, transform and bend data to meet the developer’s requirements.
What are some of the examples of how data can be mapped? What are some of the functions used?
- Transforming data ranges to meet country specific formatting
- Capitalizing letters or transforming to lower case
- Adding spaces between two fields
- Creating custom fields when specific formats are required example Boolean or password formats.
- Joining of two separate data fields. A very common example is an endpoint where the full name is required, if the system being integrated does not have a full name field then DSYNC can be used to join the first name and the last name together. Additional rules can also be applied to include spaces and the middle name if required.