Common troubleshooting errors and identify errors with your data sync
Following the five key steps, this FAQ list is to help users with identifying common errors and how to troubleshoot challenges with the synchronization. If you run into a challenge not identified below feel free to reach out to the on-boarding team and we will help and update the list below. View the common list of errors below:
This video show you how to run a sync, view the history and search the error log.
Top errors seen when syncing systems include:
- REQUIRED FIELDS: are not mapped in the mapping section: Little red asterisks are required fields needed for for the system you are trying to sync data to/from.
- Authorization then linking systems: If you have not authorized your systems properly it may help to re-authorize your keys. Once you have re-authorized your systems delete your old links between your systems and join them again. Your mapping settings will still be saved in your "last used" templates. You will only need to click on your endpoints, select your map and activate your sync. Woocommerce is a tricky system and the keys should be set to read write.
- SCHEDULE YOUR JOB: if your system does not use webhooks (triggers) it may be a system that requires you to set the time intervals for you to sync your data. You will not be able to run your job and find errors if you don't schedule your job. The DSYNC time scheduler is located on the right panel when you click on the line (link) between your systems. Here is an instruction video on setting your scheduler up.
- ERROR LOG: If your jobs are running however it is not syncing the next step is to check your error log. Steps to find your error log include; click on the active job link (you will need to click on the line with the square on it) then in the right hand panel please view the "History" the latest job status will be at the top of the list. If your job is not there yet it may be waiting to be run depending on when you set your schedule or Cron timer. View a 30 second video on how to see your error log.
- BOTH DIRECTION MAPPING: Some of our systems are bidirectional (both way syncs) when you are mapping your systems please be sure to check the reverse direction. To check the reverse direction simply click on the two arrows in the mapping section to check and edit the opposite direction. It is important to check you have entered all of the required fields in both directions. For more information on how to check the opposite direction of mapping.
- SETTINGS AND AUTHORIZATIONS: For each system that you add to the DSYNC dashboard you will need to authorize the system to communicate with DSYNC. This also includes if you are authorizing DSYNC to communicate with XML or JSON or if you are setting up an FTP link. At any time you need to check the particular settings simply click on the system (within the DSYNC dashboard) then on the right hand side it will show "Settings" a pop up box will appear and there are two TAB's within the pop up box. The first TAB is for "System settings" and the second tab is for "Authorization settings".
- READ / Write Permissions: We have many Woocommerce users and see often see Woo users who do not select Read / Write permission when generating the keys. Here is a quick Woocommerce keys video showing how to set up the keys in the right format.
- DATA LAYOUT REQUIRED FIELDS: Did you know that data layouts are different from your mapping section. To check you have completed all of the required fields in your data layout click on the data field example "customer" then on the right hand side under data layout click edit and search for any red asterisks symbols example *
- MISSING USER NAMES: in the settings "Basic access authentication - User" as per above it is key to make sure systems are permitted to talk to DSYNC.
- TOKENS and KEYs: Most systems use secure keys and tokens to securely communicate at an account level from one system to another. Each system may generate a token or a key from a different place within their APP. If you need to generate a token from DSYNC the secure keys can be generated by visiting "My Account" (left panel) then scroll down to API keys then select "create your first API key"
- SHARED KEYS: I am getting an error “Has not set sharedKey DSYNCid” what does this mean? Usually this is because you have not set your shared key on a one direction data transfer. To specify what your shared key is click on the destination endpoint then on the right-hand side your shared key section will appear on the right hand panel. This key will be the primary key that DSYNC will use to pair or correlate your sync. This shared key will be the link between the same record in both systems. Within the shared key section you can specify in the drop down what field you would like as the shared ID