WooCommerce and Revel Point of Sale integration. DSYNC can connect your WooCommerce website with your Revel Point of Sale system.
IMPORTANT: We perform lots of Woo/ Revel integrations. As handy information - It is key that the products in Revel and in Woo have corresponding SKUs or an identifier that will help us to link one product to another. When asking DSYNC to do the install we would really appreciate your help to have a common product identifier between the two systems. A SKU is any type of reference that we can use to correlate items.
Step by step instructions for integrating WooCommerce with Revel point of sale
Step 1: Get your keys ready to sync the systems
Your Revel keys are from your Revel rep and your Woo Keys can be created in WooCommerce. The client will need to talk to their Revel representative and activate partner connect. This will trigger the API keys and secret for DSYNC to use to authorize the platform. You will need your API key and your API secret from your Revel exec, just mention partner connect and the team will understand the process.
Step 2: Use the Wizard to put WooCommerce and Revel on your DSYNC dashboard
Don't worry there is no coding in these steps. Once you have your keys you will need to add Revel and Woo to your dashboard. The fastest way is via the DSYNC set up wizard on the DSYNC dashboard is easy by authorizing Woocommerce ( How to obtain your woocommerce API/keys and apps) and Revel via the automated set up process.
Step 3: Link the systems in the dashboard
Once both systems are added to the dashboard start to connect the data fields by testing Inventory (revel) to inventory (woo). Start by clicking on inventory then on the right click on "Create Link". DSYNC will ask you to name your job.
When using the wizard to add WooCommerce it will automatically add CUSTOMER / ORDER and Product these are real time endpoints. For syncing with Revel Point of sale you will need to add new endpoints called "INVENTORY (API)" and "PRICE" these are special API connections you will need to add these to the system manually.
Step 4: Create or load the WooCommerce Revel data map
As the WooCommerce and Revel systems are a common integration we have ready made maps for common data that is to be synchronized. then create a map as Revel and woo are common systems we have ready made maps for you to use.
Step 5: Set the schedule
Set the schedule / frequency and make sure your sync is on (top right)
Set the schedule for your jobs to run
Step 6: Test your data sync
DSYNC do offer a paid installation option if you are stuck with our self service option.
FAQs and integration fact sheet on WooCommerce and Revel Connector
Products - Creating and Syncing between the Revel and Woo:
- DSYNC can sync products from Revel to Woocommerce.
- DSYNC can amend products when updated in Revel the change will be reflected in WooCommerce
- DSYNC can create a product in Revel and it will be created in Woo. We note that most clients like to add additional fields for example Revel holds one image and as we know customers like to view multiple images when shopping online.
- When products are amended in Woocommerce the change is reflected in Revel
- If you do not want products to sync from Revel to Woocommerce then you can select the 3rd Party flag to No in Revel this will instruct DSYNC to not display the item in your Revel System.
- DSYNC does not sync images due to system conflicts
- Product attributes include: Item name, description, cost, sale price
- When an order is made in Woocommerce it will send a live trigger to Revel. DSYNC can send orders from Woocommerce to the front and back end of your Revel Point of sale system.
- Automatic printing for order collections - Yes You can set up your Revel Pos to print the order A POS terminal needs to have 'Is Print Online Orders' enabled.
- Order attributes include: order number, Item name, description, cost, sale price, customer name, email, address, phone.
- Customers can be sync'd in both directions between Woocommerce and Revel. This is handy when a customer makes a change to personal details. The system can be set to amend the latest change.
- Customer attributes include: customer name, email, address, phone
DSYNC is a very flexible data integration platform and can do some weird and wonderful integration features. If you would like extras not covered in the above work flow we do have a professional services option where we can custom code integration features. We charge a scoping fee if you would like something that is not part of the above integration flow.
DSYNC demonstration and frequently asked questions for Woocommerce and Revel point of sale integration.
Woocommerce and Revel point of sale integration
What can the Revel and Woocommerce integration do? DSYNC have developed a connector to integrate Products and inventory between WP / Woocommerce and Revel Systems Point of sale. Customers can sync product data, inventory, sales orders, descriptions, prices from Revel with Woocommerce.
DSYNC has developed a two-way connector for Woocommerce and Revel systems. The connector can help to synchronize products between the two applications.
In addition to synchronizing product details DSYNC can also synchronize orders.
When products sell on Woocommerce the connector can queue the Web order in the back end of Revel.
Demonstration 1: Watch as we synchronize product details from Revel to Woo
Watch as we synchronize inventory quantities from Revel to Woocommerce
Watch as we synchronize ORDERS from Woocommerce with Revel
Is this a plugin? WooCommerce / Revel connector is installed as a plugin, correct? If so, I assume updates are applied in the usual fashion?
Not quite; our Revel and WooCommerce integration takes advantage of the platforms respective APIs. Connectors for both systems sit inside our platform and as such are updated by us (internally) and deployed into production of our IPAAS platform periodically.