You will notice on our "Client Set Up" Form that we ask for you to create a user account for our us within the backend of ShipStation.
Creating a separate user account for us ensures that your privacy and security is protected, whilst allowing us access to perform acceptance testing once the synchronization is complete.
Please follow the steps below to create a role for DSYNC.
The details you will be using for this new role (first name, last name, email) will be mentioned in the "Client Set Up" Form.
1. Head to your Account Settings (the gear icon in the upper right).
2. Next, select Account and then User Management from the sidebar on the left.
3. Here, click on the Add a User Account button. (Note: If you're on a Silver or higher plan, sometimes you may need to make a user inactive before creating a new one so that you don't go over your limit. To do this, simply edit an existing user and uncheck the box next to "Active" and click Save.)
4. Now, fill in the appropriate information for this user, such as their username, password, e-mail address, and name. Please note that usernames must be unique across all of ShipStation. Now, you also have the ability to setup the specific role and restrictions for the user. You can do this when creating the user, or by hitting Edit for their user later. So, click on the Permissions tab.
5. Here, you need to click on which level of permissions you want this user to have. You can choose more than one option. The Administration option effectively selects all of them, giving that user full access to the account.
6. Now, you can click on the Restrictions tab to restrict what orders and/or shipments that user can see and if they can only use certain computers to login.
7. Once you're done setting up the user how you like, simply click Save.
Instructions from ShipStation