You will notice on our "Client Set Up" Form that we ask for you to create a role for our us within the backend of OroCRM.
Creating a separate user account for us ensures that your privacy and security is protected, whilst allowing us access to perform acceptance testing once the synchronization is complete.
Please follow the steps below to create a role for DSYNC.
The details you will be using for this new role (first name, last name, email) will be mentioned in the "Client Set Up" Form.
- In the main menu, navigate System>User Management>Roles.
- Click the Create Role button in the upper-right corner of the page. The Create Role page opens.
- Click General, and in the Role field, type the role name. Note that the name must be unique for the system.
- Click Additional and specify the following:
- Description—Type the description of this role. Use the in-built text editor to format the provided description.
- Organization—Select the organization for user’s of which this role will be applicable. If you want this role to be applicable for all organizations defined in the system, do not specify any organization. In this case the field value becomes System-wide. (If there is only a single organization defined in the system or you do not have global access rights, there will be no option for selecting an organization.)
- For each action on each entity specify the required access level. By default, for all entities access levels are set to None. Choose an entity which you want to assign different permissions for. In the entity row, click the action name and in the drop-down list, click the required access level. For more information about the access levels, see the Access Levels guide.
If you want to set individual permissions for the entity fields, please see the Include Permissions for an Entity Field in a Role section for how to do this.
- Under the list of entities, select the check boxes in front of the required capabilities.
Instructions from OroCRM