You will notice on our "Client Set Up" Form that we ask for you to create a role for our us within the backend of Salesforce.
Creating a separate user account for us ensures that your privacy and security is protected, whilst allowing us access to perform acceptance testing once the synchronization is complete.
Please follow the steps below to create a role for DSYNC.
The details you will be using for this new role (first name, last name, email) will be mentioned in the "Client Set Up" Form.
To create users:
User permissions needed: “Manage Internal Users”
- Read the guidelines for adding users.
- From Setup, enter Users in the Quick Find box, then select Users.
- Click New User.
- Enter the user’s name and email address and a unique username in the form of a email address. By default, the username is the same as the email address.
Your username must be unique across all Salesforce orgs. The username must be in the format of an email address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org. The email used for your username doesn’t have to function. You can have the same functioning email address associated with your account across multiple orgs. Remember: The username in the form of an email address must remain unique.
- In Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer Editions, select aRole.
- Select a User License. The user license determines which profiles are available for the user.
- Select a profile, which specifies the user’s minimum permissions and access settings.
- If your organization has Approvals enabled, you can set the user’s approver settings, such as delegated approver, manager, and preference for receiving approval request emails.
- Check Generate new password and notify user immediately to have the user’s login name and a temporary password emailed to the new user.
Instructions from Salesforce