You will notice on our "Client Set Up" Form that we ask for you to create a role for our us within the backend of Shopify.
Creating a separate user account for us ensures that your privacy and security is protected, whilst allowing us access to perform acceptance testing once the synchronization is complete.
Please follow the steps below to create a role for DSYNC.
The details you will be using for this new role (first name, last name, email) will be mentioned in the "Client Set Up" Form.
Add a new staff account
As the account owner, you can create a new staff account by sending an invitation to a staff member.
To add a new staff account:
- Log in as the account owner.
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings, then click Account.
- In the Staff accounts section, click Add staff account:
- Enter a first name, a last name, and an email address for the new staff member:
- Click Send invite when you're done.
- An email invitation to create an account will be sent to the new staff member.
When your staff member receives an email invitation to open a staff account for your Shopify store, they must:
Click the link in the invitation email to accept the invitation.
On the staff account setup page, complete the form with their information:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number (optional)
3. Click Create account to complete the account setup.
The staff member can now log in to the Shopify admin using their email address and password. They can also edit the details for their account at any time.
Instructions from Shopify