You will notice on our "Client Set Up" Form that we ask for you to create a role for our us within the backend of Magento.
Creating a separate user account for us ensures that your privacy and security is protected, whilst allowing us access to perform acceptance testing once the synchronization is complete.
Please follow the steps below to create a role for DSYNC.
The details you will be using for this new role (first name, last name, email) will be mentioned in the "Client Set Up" Form.
- On the Admin menu, select System > Permissions > Users
- Click the Add New User button
- In the Account Information section, do the following:
- Enter the User Name for account.
The User Name should be easy to remember. It is not case-sensitive. For example, if your user name is “John,” you can also log in as “john.” In this case please use the first name that DSYNC mentions in the set up form.
- Complete the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
This email address must be different from the one that is associated with your original Admin account.
- Assign a Password to the account.
The password should be seven or more characters long, and include both letters and numbers.
- In the Password Confirmation box, repeat the password to make sure it was entered correctly.
- In the User Information panel on the left, click User Role. Then, in the list of Roles, select Administrators. (Initially, it will be the only role available.)
- When complete, click the Save User button.
You now have two accounts with Administrator access.
Instructions from Magento