You will notice on our "Client Set Up" Form that we ask for you to create a role for our us within the backend of Magento.
Creating a separate user account for us ensures that your privacy and security is protected, whilst allowing us access to perform acceptance testing once the synchronization is complete.
Please follow the steps below to create a role for DSYNC.
The details you will be using for this new role (first name, last name, email) will be mentioned in the "Client Set Up" Form.
STEP 1: Create New User
- On the Admin sidebar tap System. Then under Permissions, choose All Users.
- In the upper-right corner, tap Add New User.
- In the Account Information section, do the following:
- Enter the User Name for account.
The User Name should be easy to remember. It is not case-sensitive. For example, if your user name is “John,” you can also log in as “john.” In this instance, please use the first name supplied in the "Client Set Up" form.
- Complete the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
In this instance it will be the DSYNC email provided in the "Client Set Up" form.
- Assign a Password to the account.
The password should be seven or more characters long, and include both letters and numbers.
- In the Password Confirmation box, repeat the password to make sure it was entered correctly.
- If your store has multiple languages, set Interface Locale to the language to be used for the Admin interface.
STEP 2: DEFINE THE ROLE
- In the panel on the left, choose User Role. The grid lists all the existing roles. Initially, the only role available is Administrators.
- In the Assigned column, select the Administrators option.
- Tap Save User.
You now have two accounts with Administrator access.
Instructions from Magento