What to expect with your integration
- Colours, sizes and other variations can’t be mapped
- This is because of the way variants are differently structured between Marketplacer and Shopify
- Shopify has multiple data for “options”
- But Marketplacer doesn’t support multiple-to-multiple options, only one-to-one
- The solution for this is to have the client go into their Marketplacer products and manually assign colours, sizes and other variations
- Here are instructions on how to do that: Shopify to Marketplacer: How to manually edit product variants in Marketplacer
- Orders sent from Marketplacer to Shopify do not trigger a change in inventory in Shopify
- The solution is for you to go into Shopify when an order comes through, and manually update the inventory. For further instructions, click here.
- Orders are going through to Shopify
- The “Total Cost Value” comes in accurately
- However, “Paid by Customer” comes in at $0.00
- This is not too big a problem as in the Sales Report, the “Total Cost Value” is still reflected accurately. The only time this would be a problem is when you are looking at the order information directly and you will notice “Paid by Customer” is $0.00
- Main product information and images can be synced to create adverts
- However, product information and image updates are sent separately so if the client wishes to create a new product then the following process needs to be followed:
- Create product in Shopify first (without image)
- Once the product shows up on Marketplacer, than upload image to Shopify. For further instructions, click here.
- This will insure that the image data is sent once a product is established in Marketplacer
- Adverts will be unpublished and not set to "buy online" as to allow you to go in add variant information (see above). You can then manually publish the item when it is ready.
Prior to the integration call:
- Prior to the call DSYNC will require the retailer’s Marketplacer information this will include:
- API Key
- Site URL
- Will require the retailer’s Shopify information:
Shopify Check Sheet
During the integration call DSYNC will need / will guide retailer:
- Ensure mapping is correct for retailer’s requirements
- Test synchronization
What are the Dependencies for Synchronizing Inventory to Marketplacer?
- For the inventory system to be synchronized with Marketplacer the ecommerce platform (Shopify) will need to have matching SKUs, barcodes or external ids corresponding with Marketplacer.
What are the Dependencies for creating an advert?
In order to create adverts and variants the following must be available on the system connecting to Marketplacer at the product level:
What are the Dependencies for creating an advert image?
In order to create advert image the following must be available on Shopify connecting to Marketplacer at the product level:
- SKU of corresponding product
- URL of the image (needs to be accessible)
- Different images for the same product can’t have the same name
What are the Dependencies for pushing invoices/orders from Marketplacer back to the cart?
- System must be able to create orders/invoices
- System (Shopify) must have items (products) that are available on the Marketplacer system. IE the product must be available on Shopify to be able to push the invoices