Unleashed and Woocommerce Connector / Integration documentation
Today we will be showcasing a popular integration between Woocommerce and Unleashed. DSYNC can synchronize products, customers and orders between the two applications. For more information on our Woocommerce Connector - For more information on our Unleashed Connector
Unleashed Integration with WooCommerce Features:
- Live updates - Not batched
- Orders from Woocommerce back to unleashed
- Granular integrations map and customize multiple fields
- Connect Unleashed to any available rest API & WooCommerce
IMPORTANT: We perform lots of Woo/Unleashed integrations. As handy information - It is key that the products in Woocommerce and in Unleashed have corresponding SKUs or an identifier that will help to link one product to another. A SKU is any type of reference that we can use to correlate items.
When i try to make the connection, it gives a mapping error "Stock level update from Unleashed to WooCommerce by SKU.: Error" and "Stock Levels: Error" error what does this mean?
From the error messages in the history you need to setup a recurrent schedule for this endpoint which is just checking the "Recurrent" checkbox:
As this is a cron base core endpoint, the recurrent is required even to run the job manually as it uses timestamps to pull data accordingly.
We have a couple of options for plans starting with our Starter plan at $139 per month. This plan provides 1 hour of support per month and setup of our standard template. There are additional plans that allow higher data allowances and number of syncs per month. If you require additional setup requirements talk to our Support staff for additional costs.
Products - Creating and Syncing between Woocommerce and Unleashed:
- Create products in Woo and automate creation in Unleashed. Please note Unleashed does not have configurable products so all products with Variants from Woocommerce will be pushed to unleashed individually.
- Product attributes from Unleashed to Woocommerce include: Item name, item type (default value will be "simple"), status (default value will be "published"), SKU, description, cost (default value will be "Default Purchase Price"), sale price, and weight.
- Product attributes from Woocommerce to Unleashed include: Name, cost ("Default Purchase Price"), product code, description, and weight.
- Variants must be listed as simple separate products in both systems – they can’t be simple in one system, and then listed as child products under a parent product in another.
- This is because the sync is only able to handle a one-to-one product relationship between "simple" products in Woo
- When an order is made in Woocommerce it will send a live trigger to Unleashed. DSYNC can send orders from Woocommerce to Unleashed.
- Order attributes from Woocommerce to Unleashed include: order number, item name, line items (SKU, price, sale price, quantity, tax, total), currency, warehouse (default value will be "main"), SalesOrderGroup (default value will be "Online Order"), delivery methods (default value will be "shipping_methods"), status (default value will be "completed"), customer name, email, address, and phone.
Customer Syncing between Woocommerce and Unleashed:
- Customers can be synced in both directions between Woocommerce and Unleashed. This is handy when a customer makes a change to personal details. The system can be set to amend the latest change.
- Customer attributes from Woocommerce to Unleashed include: customer name, email, default shipping address (only one address), and phone.
- Customer attributes from Unleashed to Woocommerce include: email, contact name, and address (only one permitted for shipping and billing)
- The default password will be set as "password123!" which can be changed manually within your DSYNC mapping.
Inventory between Woocommerce and Unleashed:
- Inventory integrations can be synced in both directions for Woocommerce and Unleashed systems.
- Inventory attributes from Woocommerce to Unleashed include: integration via the "sales orders" endpoint.
- Inventory attributes from Unleashed to Wooommerce include: integration via stock quantity ("Stock On Hand").
- Matching SKU is required for a successful inventory integration.
DSYNC is a very flexible data integration platform and can do some weird and wonderful integration features. If you would like extras not covered in the above work flow we do have a professional services option where we can custom code integration features. We charge a scoping fee if you would like something that is not part of the above integration flow.
The first part of our demonstration is to showcase how easy it is to set up the integration and map the two systems together.
The second part of our demonstration showcases data moving from Woocommerce to Unleashed
And lastly we demonstrate data moving from Unleashed to Woocommerce
Let’s begin the setup phase:
- Step one is to sign up for a free trial with DSYNC
- The next step is to add Woocommerce to your blank DSYNC dashboard.
- To add Woocommerce to you DSYNC dashboard please follow these steps
- Click on “select from system templates”
- From the drop down list select “Woocommerce”
- Select “Add this system”
Complete the Settings within the Woocommerce pop up box
- User Name
- Your Woocommerce URL
Enter in your Woocommerce Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Part of authorizing your Woocommerce site is to enter in your Woocommerce Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. To obtain your API keys please follow the next steps
- Visit Woocommerce then Settings
- Click on Keys and Apps
- For a new key select “Add Key”
- Proceed to name the description of your key
- Then select generate API key
- Copy and paste the “Consumer Key” from Woocommerce into your DSYNC settings area
- Copy and paste the “Consumer secret” from Woocommerce into your DSYNC settings area
This will Add Woocommerce to your dashboard
Add Unleashed to your dashboard
The next step is to add Unleashed by following the below steps:
- Start by clicking in the top right hand corner by selecting “Plus System”
- Then select from system templates
- From the drop down list select Unleashed
- Select “Add this system”
- A pop up box will appear asking to enter the Unleashed “API ID” and “API Key”
- To locate your ID and Key please visit your Unleashed Dashboard
- Select “Integration” and then select “Unleashed API Access”
- Copy and paste your Unleashed API ID into your DSYNC settings area
- Copy and paste your Unleashed API Key into your DSYNC settings area
This will successfully add Unleashed to your DSYNC dashboard
Mapping Woocommerce and Unleashed
Phase two of the Unleashed and Woocommerce integration is to map your customer data, inventory data or sales order data. In this example, we will be mapping customer data.
- Create a link/ Relation: Let’s start by creating a link between the two systems data points. In this example we will need to click on “Customer” within the Woocommerce section then click on “Create a relation” then click on “Customer” under the Unleashed section.
- Name your link: This creates a link between the two data points, A pop up box will appear asking you to name your link.
- Create a new map: Next we will need to create a new map for the link we have just created. Click on the lines between the data points and select “new”
- Name your map: Now you have created and named a new map it is time to enter our Mapping section. Our mapping section is where you can set different data points to interact together.
- The DSYNC mapping engine is all drag and drop.
- It is important that you map any required fields, required fields are highlighted with a red asterisks.
- You can use custom fields to join different data points together
- Click to add fields to be mapped
- You can click several fields at once and then pair the data to the right endpoint
For the customer example, we will be mapping: Please let our team know if you are stuck with mapping any endpoints we also have paid setup and support.
- Customer Code to ID
- Email to Email
- Contact First Name to First Name
- Contact Last Name to Last Name
Using Custom fields to set rules when mapping:
For “Customer Name” we will be trying something special by using our Mapping engine we can bend and join the data together. In this example, we will be joining the first and the last name together to become the customers full name.
To set this up click on “First name” and then “last name” and then add a space in the “custom field” string element section. This will create three tiles for you to position in the mapping field as a rule for the data to display.
Proceed to select save on your data map.
To switch direction of your data flow simply click on the two arrows indicating the direction of the data.
Follow the same process by aligning the data points against the right endpoints. In this example we will be aligning the following data entities
When mapping data in the opposite direction:
- Email is mapped to Email
- First name is mapped to Contact First Name
- Last name is mapped to Contact Last Name
- Username is mapped to eMail, however it would depend on your login credentials
- Password is mapped to your password settings. For password we will also need to create a “Custom” rule to accommodate the right format
Proceed to select save
The next step is to set the direction of the data flow
Then enable the synchronization by selecting the small enable button in the right corner.
Testing the Woocommerce and unleashed connector
Let’s test our Woocommerce and Unleashed integration
From your Woocommerce website – create a new customer
Lets call the new user “Luke Bob”
Continue the testing by entering all of the standard user’s information
As we select save and then visit our Unleashed dashboard a new User called “Luke Bob” has been synchronized.
We can also add new customers in Unleashed and have the customer reflected on your Woocommerce website.
For testing purposes let’s call the customer “Florian Unleashed”
As we select save and add the customer the customer information is synchronized.
This example showcased customer synchronization however DSYNC is used to sync product data between unleashed and Woocommerce and also update Sales orders from Woocommerce back to unleashed.
What does this error mean New/updated source data not found - nothing to process?Basically because it is running every time the schedule is set X minutes, if there isn't any updates in Unleashed then you will get the above error in the logs; it is saying that there is no data to process.
The "Cron Stock on Hand Updated" endpoint in Unleashed only pulls updated stock on hand.