Revel and Xero Integration
Basic work flow fundamentals:
- Customer bi-directional - Revel <> Xero (two way sync)
- Item from Revel to Xero
- Purchase Order from Revel to Xero
- Order from Revel to Xero Invoice
DSYNC is a granular integration platform that can be used by smart integrator to map data flows between Revel and Xero.
Connect your Revel Point of Sale application to your Xero accounting. Automate your workflows by integrating your POS with your accounting application.
Note: DSYNC allows you to synchronize order data, customer data and product data between multiple applications such as Revel and Xero.
- Revel Customer > Xero Contact (one way, scheduled – min 1 per minute)
- Revel Product > Xero Item (one way, scheduled – min 1 per minute)
- Revel Purchase Order > Xero Purchase Order (one way, scheduled – min 1 per minute)
- Revel Order > Xero Basic Invoice (one way, scheduled – min 1 per minute)
We can also create an invoice in Xero from Revel daily summary; this is once a day creation of total sales amount from Revel to Xero invoice. This can be split by payment type (individual payment types totals as invoice line items).
Things to keep in mind:
- Revel does not have near real-time capabilities. It’s a cron which means it needs schedule and the minimum you can set within the DSYNC application is once per minute
- Revel enforces limits on the number of calls you can make to their APIs – defaults to 1000 calls per day. Once you reach that limit the sync will stop until the “day” resets. This can be rectified by choosing sensible schedule on all sync links (eg. Once every 15 minutes instead of 1 minute).
- Revel connection requires Revel API key & secret, API access is paid a
- Entry level - self install service plans are from $25 usd per month
- Implementation and support plans are from $100 usd per month
- You will need to talk to your Revel rep about activating partner connect
- Ongoing fees – SaaS based starting at $25/mth (USD). Limits are based on data processed through our platform and the quota for our Junior plan is 2.5 GB. More on pricing … https://www.dsync.com/pricing.
- There is no downtime at all as the connection is via Revel and Xero APIs respectively
- Fully automated process; synchronization runs as per the schedule set in DSYNC dashboard
- Full visibility on every sync (individual runs) via the history tab in DSYNC
- No manual intervention needed unless any of the requirements change
- Revel to Xero daily sales update - example revenue types e.g. Cash, Amex, Visa etc.
- Revel to Xero Purchase order creation
What does the Revel and Xero connector do?
|Inventory||✓||Not to Xero|
The above high level grid shows some of the Revel and Xero functionality, please note the are many data elements underneath the above high level categories
In terms of Revel <> Xero integration, DSYNC able to handle customers/contacts/employees, sales orders, and products with inventory data (stock levels).
Full list of supported entities can be found on our website;
(In addition DSYNC have Payroll API connector for Xero which is not listed yet on our website)
Does the Xero connection work globally? For orders and POs (purchase orders) it is the same API base API for other elements like payroll it is different and we would need to build it in.
How hard is the connector to install? The DSYNC platform requires no programming however does require a medium technical level to set up the mapping section. DSYNC offers a paid set up and mapping service for clients who would like the Revel/Xero integration set up. To initiate the setup, we will require a client install form that provides all the key information for setup.
Will Xero be updated if I make a change in Revel to customer details? Yes
What is the process to get started?
Option 1 Self install: Sign up to DSYNC – Follow the wizard to set up Revel and Xero.
How to set up Xero on your DSYNC dashboard:
How to set up Revel on your DSYNC dashboard:
Did you know you can also sync employee data between Xero and Revel?
Can I synchronize Purchase orders from Revel to XERO? Yes you can sync your accepted purchase orders from Revel Point of sale to your Xero system. Integrate purchase orders from Revel point of sale integration to your Xero accounting system. This video shows creation of a PO / Purchase order in Revel and then showing the sync through to your Xero Accounting application.
What are the common entities I can integrate from Revel?
Address, Attribute, Company, Customer, Employee, Inventory, Order, Payment, Products, Purchase Order, Tax, User, Vendor. In terms of Revel <> Xero integration, DSYNC able to handle customers/contacts/employees, sales orders, and products with inventory data (stock levels).
What are the common entities I can integrate with Xero? Account, Bank Account, Contact, Employee, Invoice, Item, Receipt. In terms of Revel <> Xero integration, DSYNC able to handle customers/contacts/employees, sales orders, and products with inventory data (stock levels).
Can my developer install for me? Yes, we also work hand in hand with the developer to establish the setup. If you do not have a developer DSYNC can help with paid setup by completing the installation agreements.
Can DSYNC set the connector up for me? Yes, we offer a paid set up service for clients looking to integrate Shopify and Revel. We will require clients to complete two forms
- DSYNC client integration form – This form provides API details for the integration
- Revel client access form – This form allows DSYNC access to the Revel API on client’s behalf
How long does it take to install the Revel /Xero connector? Setup can take less than an hour and will depend on the queue of integrations. .
How does support work? To provide support globally we have assigned representatives in New York, San Francisco and Sydney Australia. Communication via either email with the support concern via the email address Revel@dsync.com please help to list as much detail and screen shots as possible and our team will troubleshoot any concerns.
How hard is the connector to install? The connector can be installed with no programming only configuration skills. The skill set required for our mapping engine is medium technical. Revel will still need you to complete the partner connect to obtain your secret API key and API URL. DSYNC can provide you a copy of the Client access form.
How does payment work? DSYNC is a SaaS application with plans offered monthly. Payment is to DSYNC and starts from $25 usd per month (self service plan) this is a plan designed for your developer or smart in-house techie. To support this plan we offer online tutorials and documentation.
How much does the connector cost? Our starter plan for Revel / Xero connector starts at $25 usd per month and allows up to 2.5 GBs of data. The next plan is $100 per month and allows up to 10 GBs of data. With our Junior plan, your monthly data allowance is 2.5GB (Gigabytes) which translates to roughly 2,621 files (JSON, CSV, Excel, etc). The junior plan is perfect for smaller cafes, breweries. Our sales team can also provide estimates to you based on your transnational data. For more information on our plans please see our pricing page.
How do I know how much data I am using? Within the DSYNC dashboard there is a data counter that shows your daily and monthly usage. This feature is available via your free trial.
Can I integrate other systems as well as Revel and Xero? Yes we offer unlimited connections within the platform our cost structure is based on data used.
Do I need to activate partner connect with my Revel rep? Yes
Who is DSYNC and where are they based? DSYNC is an Australian company with sales teams based in New York and San Francisco. In January 2017 Revel and DSYNC formed a partnership to help with eCommerce synchronization. DSYNC’s works with retailers, banks and hospitality verticals to synchronize disparate applications.