DSYNC is a system integration platform that specializes in synchronizing order data, customer data and product data between multiple applications. DSYNC is used to synchronize multiple applications with the Magento product including inventory platforms, accounting platforms, email, point of sale and loyalty.
For the DSYNC application to function we require a simple extension to be applied to the Magento 1 website. The DSYNC team have been part of the Magento community for approx 8 years and can help out with any questions or support required.
What does the extension do?
The extension helps to trigger actions taken in Magento for interaction with other applications. DSYNC is mostly used for creating new products, amending customer details in multiple applications, synchronizing CSVs with the Magento application.
Does the DSYNC Magento application have a process queue to monitor results of data sent? Yes within the DSYNC tab results and error reporting can be clearly seen in the DSYNC process queue.
Can DSYNC install the Magento extension for you? This is usually handed by your developer
Can the DSYNC team help with mapping to other systems? Yes we offer paid set up and support for basic integrations. We will just need some additional support with completing our client install form.
What are some of the common data entities moved to and from Magento? We work with many Magento clients to move data entities such as Product, Product Attributes, Inventory, Order, Order, Comment, Customer, Customer Address, Shipment,Shipment Comment.
What are some of the common systems DSYNC can link Magento to? DSYNC can link multiple applications including but not limited to (As we are constantly expanding)... Revel systems, Unleashed inventory, SAP products, Mailchimp, ZOHO, Salesforce, Netsuite, Vend, Pipedrive and many more applications. We can even link to Magento 2 if you are looking to transition.
Does DSYNC have a Magento 2 extension? Yes we have a separate Magento2 extension please talk to the team or follow the wizard on our dashboard to obtain the Magento 2 extension.
How much does the connector cost? Our starter plan for Magento starts at $25 usd per month and allows up to 2.5 GBs of data. The next plan is $100 per month and allows up to 10 GBs of data. With our Junior plan, your monthly data allowance is 2.5GB (Gigabytes) which translates to roughly 2,621 files (JSON, CSV, Excel, etc).
How do I know how much data I am using? Within the DSYNC dashboard there is a data counter that shows your daily and monthly usage. This feature is available via your free trial.
What versions of Magento 1 is DSYNC compatible with? Version(s): CE v1.7+ & EE v1.11+
What is the process to get started?
Option 1 Self install: Sign up to DSYNC
- Follow the DSYNC dashboard wizard to setup Magento you will be able to download the correct Magento 1 or 2 extension from within the DSYNC application. If you cannot locate the Magento extension please let our team know and we will email across.
- Install extension : Then please follow the below technical instructions to install the extension and get set up from the Magento side.
- You will need to create an API key in the DSYNC dashboard. API KEYS are generated from the My Account section.
- Create the system you would like Magento to talk to by adding the new system to the DSYNC dashboard. This will depend on the system you would like Magento to talk to. To create a new system you will need to visit the top right and add a new system. Our wizard will help to guide you through the initial set up and authorization stage.
- Mapping - On your DSYNC dashboard you should see two separate systems with data attributes you will need to create a relation and map the two systems together using our Mapping engine for a complete overview of how to create a relation and the DSYNC mapping engine please refer here.
If the above gets too complicated we are here to help you setup and map your systems!
Option 2 DSYNC install - Sign up to DSYNC - If your developer can install our extension using the below technical process then sensational we can then simply configure the mapping. DSYNC can still assist if this is not possible - However we will need help to complete the Client Setup Form. The DSYNC team will then coordinate the best time to finalize and test the integration. To obtain the forms to get started please email email@example.com or contact our team via the website.
- Enable the Magento config cache in System/Cache Management (if disabled).
- Disable compilation in System/Tools/Compilation (if applicable).
- Copy the Dsync module files to the root Magento folder (the directory structure will be setup already) with FTP, SFTP, or SSH access.
- Refresh the cache in System/Cache Management.
- Logout and then log back into Magento admin.
- Enable compilation and disable cache (if applicable).
- Verify that the Dsync menu is visible and accessible in the Magento admin menu.
Once the module is installed it needs to be configured to work in system configuration.
- Add the api key for this connector from Dsync in Dsync/Settings/General Configuration/Authorization Token.
- Select the system type as “Stage” or “Production” and save the config.
- Create the system in Dsync and with the associated api key.
- Select entities that should be enabled in Dsync/Settings/Entity Synchronization.
- Enable the module in Dsync/Settings/General Configuration/Enabled and then save.
System Configuration Explained
The configuration of the Dsync module can be accessed by Dsync/Settings or System/Configuration/Dsync/Settings
In order to enable the module select “Yes” beside “Enabled”. Enabling the module will allow background processes to start and enabled entities to synchronize. Only enable the module once the configuration has been complete.
The system type for the module can be set to “Stage” or “Production”. A “Stage” type indicates that the system is in the testing phase and will not be using live data. The “Production” type indicates that the system is live with real data synchronization.
The authorization token that needs to be entered is the one that was associated with the system when it was created in Dsync.
The process notification grid is a list of processes that are running on a system. It is used to cancel or retry a synchronization that has not gone through properly. The multi-select within the general configuration allows a user to filter what is displayed on the grid based on the status of the process.
Entity synchronization is used to enable or disable certain entities within the Magento system to be synchronized. Disabled entities will not be updated from other systems and will not send synchronization requests when they are updated.
Enabling logging with turn on logging and create Dsync logs in the var/log directory of Magento. Logs will include destination and source requests/response as well as exceptions created by the module. Logs will not be automatically deleted when logging is disabled.
Enabling data cleaning will remove old Dsync process records from the database (i.e entries on the process notification grid). The amount of minutes that is specified will be the amount of minutes since the process was last updated and only “Complete” or “Unrecoverable Error” processes will be removed.
The Dsync Magento 1 connector has several processes that run in the background including retrying synchronization when an issue is encountered and cleaning up old process data saved in the database.
Background processing will be handled by the cron schedule in Magento 1. The Magento 1 cron schedule will schedule these processes to run at certain intervals with a server cron job starting the execution of the schedule.
For optimal synchronization, it is recommended to run Magento cron jobs every minute.
For details on how to setup cron jobs for Magento, please refer to the following: http://support.xtento.com/wiki/Setting_up_the_Magento_cronjob
Creating an API Key in Dsync for the connector
- Click “MY ACCOUNT”
- Go to “API KEYS” and click “ADD KEY”
- Enter a name for the key and click “ADD”
Associating an Api Key when creating a system
- When creating a system click “Use connector”
- Select an API Key that was created for the connector before continuing.