Creating a link between two endpoints is a vital part of the overall data transfer process. Linking endpoints tells DSYNC that endpoints are related and data flow between the endpoints.
To create a link between endpoints,
- Select the source endpoint by clicking on it. Selected endpoint is highlighted on the canvas.
- On the right sidebar, click on the ‘+CREATE LINK’ button.
- Select/click the destination endpoint. (The endpoints you can link are highlighted in green color.)
- Enter the name of the job you are creating and optional description.
- Depending on the endpoints you are connecting, you may be asked to choose the type of the job you want to create. The two types available are: One way transfer, and Bi-directional synchronization. Choose the preferred type and click ‘OK’.
- Another modal window appears asking you to select a map template. You can either choose an existing map template or create a new one from scratch. If you cannot find an existing map template, choose ‘New’. You can also hit ‘Cancel’ and create or choose map template later. To learn more about map templates please refer to the ‘Define Mapping’ section of this guide.
- You should see a visual link between your source and destination endpoint.
For more information describing how to link API endpoints please see our DSYNC user guide.