To access element’s mapping template please refer to ‘Working with DSYNC’ section.
Once you have created a link between two endpoints the last configuration you need to do is map individual fields from one data layout to another. There are two ways of defining a mapping for a connection:
- Use Existing Map Template
- Create Map Template Manually
Using Existing Map Template
DSYNC system comes with predefined mapping templates which can be easily used on any of your connections. To apply an existing map template to a connection,
- Select the link between the endpoints you want to apply the mapping template to.
- In the right sidebar under the ‘MAP’ section, click the ‘SELECT’ button.
- A modal window appears with available mapping templates. Select the template you want to use for your connection by clicking on its’ name.
- Mapping template is applied to your connection. You can review your mapping template by clicking on the ‘EDIT’ button under the ‘MAP’ section in the right sidebar.
Creating Map Template Manually
For all your custom connections, you will be required to define your map template manually. To create a new mapping template,
- Select the link between the endpoints for which you want to create a mapping template.
- In the right sidebar under the ‘MAP’ section, click the ‘NEW’ button.
- Enter the name and optional description for the mapping template and click ‘OK’.
- A new mapping template is created and the mapping page opens.
- Map your fields as per your requirements and save the template. To learn more about mapping please refer to the ‘Mapping Engine’ section.
Note: It is recommended to use descriptive names for your mapping templates as you may want to reuse map templates in other connections. The best practice is to list the systems you are connecting and the resource/object being synchronized. Example: Magento > VendHQ Sales Orders.
Reusing Mapping Templates
Every single mapping template you create in your account is added to your mapping template library.
The library is accessible via the ‘SELECT’ button under the ‘MAP’ section. The library also opens every time you create a new link between two endpoints.
You can import new mapping templates into the library using the ‘IMPORT’ button, export mapping template in a JSON file using the export icon, or delete a mapping template using the delete icon next to the template’s name. Some map templates cannot be deleted – these are the DSYNC prepared predefined mapping templates available in your account from the start.